Senior Engineer - Core Software
Join Eaton and help us provide energy-efficient solutions that have a real impact on the environment. We make what matters work. Find out more on https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baa_aiJ4L7E
Do you want to work for a global player, where we care about ethics, inclusion and diversity and our people?
As a Senior Engineer - Core Software you will focus on Embedded software development primarily in Automotive domain. You will perform conceptual design, development, testing and validation of embedded software, firmware, applications and its integration for industrial applications. As a member of a global team, you will help with requirements and will contribute to a definition of system hardware design, design embedded system software and control algorithm solutions, up to and including certification, product launch and with further product development satisfying customer and market needs.
Your key deliverables :
• Designing and developing embedded software, firmware, applications and defining conceptual design(s)
• Defining embedded system level and software requirements to meet product performance, safety and reliability requirements.
• Developing validation and verification test plans at a unit, sub-system and vehicle level to fully validate requirements.
• Using debugging and testing tools to efficiently perform design iterations and optimization.
• Working with team members and engineering manager to estimate development, resources and timing to achieve the desired results
• Collaborating with global, new product development teams from initial conception through each of the design and development phases up to and including certification and product launch for various applications in automotive domain
• Supporting product development after product launch to fit developing market needs
• Supporting development of new and advancing existing development, verification and validation processes and tools to improve efficiency, safety and quality
• Interfacing with stakeholders. Conducting project reviews and make presentations.
• Supporting industry technical papers and presentations at conferences.
• Managing documentation of all development activities. Interfacing with internal and external resources as appropriate.
• Master´s degree in Electrical Engineering discipline, or related, from an accredited university
• 3-5 years of related engineering experience in Embedded Software development or relevant engineering discipline
• Experience with industrial systems, but ideally with vehicle systems like transmissions etc.
• Strong experience in embedded software development (C, C++, Matlab, Simulink, ...)
• Familiarity with MBD and Matlab/Simulink
• Basic knowledge of SW Configuration Management tools (like IBM Rational ClearCase)
• Industrial communication knowledge - CANbus, J1939, RS485, etc..
• Embedded HW knowledge - IN/OUTs, COMMS, MCUs
• Basics in industrial functional safety norms (IEC 61508), ideally Vehicle (ISO26262) or Aero (DO 178,..)
• Basic experience in, or knowledge of drivetrain/powertrain systems and components
• Understanding and experience in innovation processes.
• Contract in fast growing global company
• Challenging projects in dynamic collaborative team
• Great promotional opportunities – We encourage internal promotion, whenever possible
• Excellent working environment – safety and ethic are really important for us
- Up to 2 home office day per week (manager’s approval required)
- 5 weeks vacation
- 3 sick days per year
- Flexible working hours (core hours 9:30-15:00)
- Free language courses (Czech, English, German)
- Free yoga classes in the office 3x week
- Free lunch vouchers in amount of 80,- CZK per working day
- Flexipass vouchers 5.000 CZK/per year (Sodexo)
- Transportation allowance in total yearly amount 6.690 CZK (annual public transport ticket zone Prague + Roztoky)
- Fruit days
- T-mobile family tariffs
- Life and accident insurance
- Private pension insurance (2% gross salary employer contribution)