Technical Game Designer
As a Technical Designer you will take paid requirements from a military or industry customer and determine the best way to implement them as new features in our products. Then you will use our proprietary scripting language to implement some parts of the feature, while coordinating with other departments (such as art, content, or programming) to ensure the other parts are implemented properly to fulfill the vision. You will need flexibility and creativity, as customer requirements can range from too vague to too narrowly-defined.
- Become intimately familiar with the feature set of our products
- Develop, improve, and maintain various scripted features
- Analyze customer requirements to determine the ideal way of implementing them as features in our products
- Coordinate with artists, programmers, QA, and other developers to enact necessary changes outside of Technical Designer’s role
- Occasionally represent the company to customers at events such as government acceptance tests, military training sessions, or industry trade shows (typically as part of a team)
- Experience with any scripting language; ability to learn our proprietary scripting language
- Ability to quickly understand highly technical implementations
- High level of initiative, self-direction, and self-teaching
- Strong English communication skills, excellent teamwork and consensus-building ability
Bonus points for:
- Previously shipped entertainment titles, especially in the FPS genre
- Experience with the Virtual Battlespace or ArmA game series
- Military knowledge or interest
- UI/UX experience
- Diverse, challenging, yet fun work environment with real-life applications.
- Opportunity to use your skills even outside of your role, with the option to grow outside of your role.
- Ability to influence how we do things, and have a direct impact on our products.
- Work with and learn from talented colleagues.
- Full-time employment with a competitive salary.
- 5 weeks vacation per year.
- We don’t offer just a job, we want to give you the opportunity to grow, and to move the simulation market forward.
- Various benefits, such as meal vouchers, Multisport card, and cinema tickets.