Lokalita: nám. I. P. Pavlova 3
Druh úvazku: Plný úvazek | Částečný úvazek | Vedení Mgr. práce
Požadované vzdělání: Bc.
Zveřejněno: 13. 4. 2022
We started as a small group of people united by a broad vision of transforming the data industry. Fast forward to 2022 and MANTA has grown to become an industry game-changer, serving mid-size and enterprise-level companies all over the world from offices in Prague, Lisbon, Dublin, and Tampa.
We are currently looking for a Java Developer for our very first location, where everything started - Prague!
You will be responsible for the development of a module that crunches definition files of data objects in a BI/ETL tool and uses the obtained metadata to show data lineage. You will mostly develop new features either for a completely new scanner or for an established one. For the rest of the time, you would fix critical production bugs or minimize the technical debt.
About your team: The engineering team is the largest of all our teams with close to 50 colleagues. We have eight teams working on 8 million lines of code split into 1000 modules and deliver over 1000 new features per year. Feels like a challenge? Good. Our team is growing and we are looking for developers, who enjoy being part of the whole development cycle from analysis to implementation and integration. Whether you are intrigued by solving complex algorithmic problems or a fan of faster development cycles and want to see your code in action, you’ll find a place at Manta. Although Manta is a creature of the ocean, making cloud its habitat is one of our goals for this year.
- Experience with Java backend and familiarity with Spring is welcomed
- Passion for writing clean, modular, and testable code
- Knowing the principles of REST and SOAP APIs is needed
- At least a bachelor’s degree in software engineering
- Czech language is mandatory
- Written and verbal English & Czech is needed
- You will analyze, design, and implement enhancements for a data flow analysis of various ETL and reporting tools (such as PowerBI, Tableau, or Excel)
- You will understand how to extract ETL jobs and report definitions from various tools and how to analyze these inputs to find the sources of the data they process
- You will analyze new features of BI/ETL tools, design and implement a solution to support them (get data lineage) in a scanner as well.
- You will deal with real-life production issues, learn to analyze logs and production data files to fix the issues to our customers' satisfaction.
- You can be tasked to participate in the development of product-wide features and improvements.
- You might propose improvements and redesign and refactor parts of a scanner if it needs to lower its technical debt.
- 25 days of paid time off
- 3 Self-Care days
- Support of a strong and collaborative team that values continuous improvement of each team member
- Flexible working hours and work from home
- Superior training and professional development but also opportunity to help and mentor junior colleagues
- Regular team building activities
- Beautiful office in the heart of Downtown Prague
- Meal and benefit vouchers
- Budget for tech equipment
- Strong ties to leadership to progress your career
- Gain experience working with Fortune 500 companies to solve complex data management challenges