As a UI Engineer, your responsibility is to deliver an outstanding user experience providing an exceptional and intuitive application design. You will work alongside experienced and junior engineers on the development of mission-critical projects and using various methods and latest technology. You will be able to make deliberate design decisions and to translate any given user-experience journey into a smooth and intuitive interaction.
- Plan and implement new ideas by helping with UX and UI designs for Big Data Applications, tools and platforms.
- Develop reusable components and core frontend libraries.
- Optimize existing user interface designs and contribute to our projects, which can be found on GitHub.
- Research of new technologies and investigation of their usability across the platform.
- Come up with best practices for UI development and share knowledge and expertise with other team members.
- Presenting R&D work at commercial and academic conferences.
- Excellent skills with HTML5 & CSS3.
- At least 2 years of experience in UI web development with any modern JS framework (Angular 4+, ReactJS, Vue.js, etc.)
- At least 1 year of experience with Angular 4+, RxJS, Typescript, Jest/Jasmine.
- Understanding of the general concept of SPA state management.
- Understanding of the HTTP protocol, what is REST API, and how the client-side communicates with a server-side.
- Strong programming and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as collaborate closely with developers, analysts etc. in an agile setting
- Be eager to learn new approaches and technologies
- Experience with:
- state management tools: NgRx, React Redux, etc.
- UX/UI tools: Figma, AdobeXD, Sketch, etc.
- CSS frameworks: Bootstrap, Materialize, Fondation, etc.
- Angular UI libraries: MaterialUI, PrimeNG, etc.
- CSS scripting language: SCSS, LESS, etc.
- Sense of graphic style.
- Background in computer science, engineering, physics, mathematics or equivalent.
- Working with one of the coolest and most talented Big Data R&D teams in central Europe.
- Competitive salary and bonuses
- 25 days holidays
- Up to 60 sick days per year (100% covered by the employer)
- 90CZK per day meal vouchers (fully covered by the employer)
- 3% cash employer contribution towards your pension fund
- Membership in private medical clinic
- Beer & pizza Thursdays
- Multisport card & private gym in the office
- Flexible working hours
- Choice of Mac or Windows