Associate Software Engineer
SHOULD YOU ACCEPT THIS CHALLENGE...
At Pure, we're focused on combining the latest hardware technology (e.g., NVMe, 3D XPoint, RoCE, etc.) with software to deliver storage to our customers with a hassle-free service experience. Our tech stack spans low level hardware and firmware, Linux kernel engineering, user-space C++ for our products' storage data path, Python and Java for on-box management, and a full cloud stack (AngularJS, SpringBoot, SNS, SQS, Cassandra, RedShift, etc.) for global monitoring and deep insights from our fleet of storage arrays in the field.
As a Associate Software Engineer you’ll solve big and small problems that require research, investigation and development on:
● Finding duplicate data, reclaiming overwritten space in petabytes of storage
● Efficient replication across wide-area networks
● Analytics for health data coming from tens of thousands of customer storage arrays
● Understanding how applications use flash and how to optimize the whole stack (from application to SSD)
● Making code scale to 32 core or more
● Simple, yet powerful user interface
● Sharp tools which allow us to ship new features quickly
● Extensive automated testing pre-check-in and post-check-in
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO BRING TO THIS ROLE...
● Firm understanding of Computer Science fundamentals
● Strong programming skills in any 1 of the following programming languages: Python, C++, C, or Java
● Must be willing and able to work in an open office, team environment